- Damaged hair got you down? Try my favourite hair repairer… Coconut oil. Benefits include hair growth, moisturized hair, less damage, and more shine/softness. What you want to do is melt that coconut oil down. The best way to do this is by filling a large bowl with hot water then putting smaller bowl containing the coconut oil inside the hot water (making sure no water mixes with your oil). After the oil is melted go ahead and massage it throughout your hair. I like to leave the product in for a good hour but feel free to leave as long as you like. If you want to avoid getting oil everywhere consider putting a shower cap over your hair until you rinse it out. Trust me, you will love the results.
- Fresh out of the shower and you want to brush out your hair, don’t! When your hair is wet it is weak and will stretch when brushed which will lead to those dreaded SPLIT ENDS. If you must smooth out those tangles use a wide tooth comb or your fingers and start from the ends slowly working your way up to the roots.
- Running late? (If you’re like me that’s a normality) Save time in the shower by using shampoo and conditioner at the same time! Focus the shampoo on the roots and apply conditioner to the ends. This works because oils are produced and built up at the roots exactly where your putting shampoo to clean and then the most damage/dry parts are typically at the roots where you need the conditioner.
- Ever heard the expression you are what you eat? It’s true, what you consume effects your hair health. Here is a list of hair health promoting foods that aid in growth and shine. Carrots – Kale – Greek Yogurt – Berries – Red Peppers – Eggs – Shellfish – Salmon – Nuts – Lentils – Water!
- Never leave your hair naked when using a hot tool! Invest in a heat protectant. They work by creating a protective barrier, saving your locks from overheating/ burning and breakage. My favourite at he moment is the Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Primer. If you’re looking for a more affordable option I’ve heard nothing but good reviews for the Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Hair Spray.
Want to know the last 5 tips? Check out my friend Porsche’s post here, for the rest! PS She has the most perfect hair blog that gives me so much inspiration. Make sure to stop by and look around! Also if you are looking for a good website packed full of hair info, check out Maddison Reed here.